GET THE MOST AUTHENTIC VIEW OF BALI
Our cultural tours receive rave reviews from participants. After all, we’ve been leading custom small group tours of Bali for years and have an intimate connection to the island. Just let us know your passion, be it sacred ceremonies, spa treatments, art classes, architecture, photography, shopping, surfing, or anything else and we will make it exceptional.
MENU OF CULTURAL TOURS
- Barong Dance –Attend a Barong Dance performance in Batu Bulan
- Ubud, Bali’s cultural center
Ubud’s shopping is legendary, with hundreds of boutiques offering handicrafts, sterling silver jewelry, garments and home wares and much more. In the late afternoon and evening will be plenty of time to explore the small shops and studios of Ubud, which is renowned as the art and culture center of Bali.
- Lunch – Ibu Oka (Lunch not included) – Suggested Lunch at Ibu Oka for world famous Suckling Pig (not inclusive), Many other restaurant options will be provided catering to all types of dietary preferences and price points.
- Keliki Village Tour– The Village Experience (Inclusive) – Keliki is renowned for its exquisitely detailed paintings and wooden carvings of fruits and flowers. You will experience many aspects of traditional village life in Bali. It begins in a typical Balinese village where you will visit a home to get a taste of Balinese architecture, home layout and functions, daily household life and activities.
The village of Keliki is a typical rural Balinese village. Its people are friendly and by walking around the village you will experience the color, serenity and beauty of everyday Balinese life in its unspoiled rural setting. In the village, you can visit the artist’s homes and studios. The master painter and head of the lineage will show us the stages of the Keliki style painting as well as his home compound.
Optional Ubud activities:
- ARMA Museum (entrance fee not included)
- Guided tour of the Sacred Monkey Forest (entrance fee around $5 not inclusive)
- Mask and Puppet Museum
- Evening with Balian
- Dinner in Ubud on your own or at Floating Leaf
- Evening Traditional Dance Performance or Ceremony at local temple
Note: The optional activities above can easily be split up over 2 or 3 days as there is a great deal to do in Ubud.
Price: $50/person minimum 2 people
This trip to Bali’s Central Highlands is one of our most popular and personal favorites.
- Lake Bedugul – One of the three volcanic lakes that’s provides irrigation for much of Bali.
- Bedugul Traditional Market – A colorful market featuring the special produce grown in this region such as corn and strawberries. It os also known for its spice and woodcrafts.
- Kebun Raya Eka Karya Bedugul Botanical Gardens (including picnic lunch)
- Pura Ulun Danu Bratan Temple in Bali – Pura Ulun Danu Beratan is one of Bali’s most spectacular temples. Possible workshop at Botanical Gardens and another location on the way.
- Kopi Luwak (Luwak Coffee) Plantation – Sample a veriety of teas and coffees including the famous Luwak Coffee in a beautiful plantation setting amongst the fruit trees.
Price $60/person, minimum 2 people
- Batubulan Village – The tour begins in the traditional village of Batubulan for a unique Balinese cultural show, which includes the riveting Barong and Keris Dances.
- Tengenungan Waterfall – We then head to the resplendent Tegenungan Waterfall where we will visit the lush valley & Tegenungan Village.
- Kintimani & Lunch – After Tegenungan, we make our way to iconic Kintamani. We will enjoy a delicious lunch and picturesque views of Volcanic Mount Batur as well as Batur Lake.
- Sekaan Village – Sekaan Village serves as our next stop and we will learn how traditional Bali “Luwak” Coffee is grown, harvested and processed. The plantation also demonstrates many tropical fruits, spice production and raw chocolate.
- Monkey Forest – We finish up with The Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary of Ubud. We will interact with the monkeys, see the monkey cemetery, the sacred bathing pools as well as the old temple and ornate dragon bridge.
Price: $65/person minimum 2 people
- Tirta Gangga – Tirta Gangga Royal Water Garden is situated in verdant rice fields adjacent to the natural springs of Rejasa. It belongs to the Royal Family of Karangasem (Maryam’s great grandmother is one of daughters of the King from Karangasem.
The water from one of the natural springs of Tirta Gangga has always been regarded as holy. It is used for religious ceremonies in the temples of this area till this day. At certain celebration days the people from the surrounding villages will come in colorful processions with offerings, umbrellas, flags and other attributes. Led by their Pedanda or temple priest they hold ceremonies around the spring under the sounds of hymns and the music of the beleganjur.
- Lunch – Lunch at beautiful Pantai Pasir Putih secluded white sand beach (Lunch is not included)
- Kerta Gosa- Encircled with fishponds and tropical plantations, this ancient example of early Royal Balinese architecture features Kamasan Wayang style painting on its ceilings depicting scenes of punishment and reward in the afterlife. This is considered the “Mother Art of Bali” and it is referred to as The Balinese Sistine chapel.
- Tenganan – The Bali Aga are known as the original Balinese people and predate Hinduism in Bali. They are a unique ethnic group that lived on the island of Bali before modern civilization. These original inhabitants of Bali fled imperialistic invaders, eventually finding refuge in the solitude of Bali’s remote mountains. Today, only two villages remain, which until recently, were firmly and purposefully shut off from the rest of the world. The main temple in the village dates back to the 10 century AD (833 Caka) but the village itself is said to be much older than the temple.
Price: $65/person minimum 2 people
- Bali surf. Padang-Padang Beach – Visit some of the best beaches and surf spots on the planet. Visit several beaches Uluwatu, Dreamland,Padang-Padang and more.
- Surf, lounge, picnic (additional costs may apply)
- Pura Uluwatu Temple – A visit to one of Bali’s most iconinc temples
- Kecak Dance– At sunset, a dramatic dance and fire ritual takes place at the temple.
Price $65/person minimum 2 people
Floating Leaf’s demonstration kitchen is the perfect place for a variety of cooking classes. We offer traditional Balinese classes as well as healthy cooking classes (Ayurveda, organic, raw, vegan, vegetarian, etc.).
- Visit a traditional market for supplies and learn how to select the best ingredients
- Hands on cooking class
- Enjoy the feast you created
- Take home a cookbook including ingredient alternatives so you can cook the same healthy meals at home
- Head to Sanur to enjoy a day at the beach or you can walk around town and enjoy the bars, shops and cafes.
Price $50/person minimum 6 people