The Path to Happiness Bali Retreat
7 days / 6 nights
Upcoming Path to Happiness Retreats
July 18-24, 2015 and August 24-30, 2015
The Path to Happiness Bali Retreat is created precisely with your optimal health and supreme happiness in mind. True joy is in each of us, but the rigors of daily life often dampens the flame. Learn from a team of qualified professionals how to stoke your internal glow and live a life full of delight and exhilaration. The seat of the sublime is within you and it all starts from there. Join us for a personal journey to your seat of the sublime and learn how to reside there.
Yoga ~ Meditation ~ Spa ~ Wellness ~ Detox ~ Bliss
Perhaps nowhere else on Earth lives a better example of truly living in this joyful state, than in Bali. Life in Bali is interwoven with spirituality, delight in daily life, and appreciation for all around them. Smiles and laughter abide on this paradise island.
Only 6 rooms available for this exclusive retreat ~ They will go fast so reserve your spot today
Traditional Balinese life is one in true balance. The good cannot exist without the bad. Offerings are made to the Gods as well as the demons. The Balinese understand this balance is the key to health and happiness.
Cultural Immersion ~ Brennan Healing Sessions ~ Cleansing Ceremonies ~ Ultra Healthy Delicious Meals
The fundamental Balinese Hindu doctrine of Tri Hita Karana teaches us to nurture harmony with nature, with our spirituality, and with each other. This organic integrative approach allows for holistic healing to naturally unfold.
Sessions with Balinese Healers ~ Superfood Therapy ~ Ayurveda ~ Cooking Class ~ Art Workshops ~ Somatic Therapy
Floating Leaf’s “Healing Pool” was created in part to be an amphitheater to witness the moonrise and soak in its energy. Hand sculpted, in-pool lounges facilitate epic moon-bathing.
Your Personal Happiness Team
Pak Eka Sukma Putra ~ Yoga
Your yoga instructor will be Floating Leaf’s Head Yoga Instructor, Pak Eka Sukma Putra. Pak Eka is a native Balinese and comes from our own village of Sukawati. Pak Eka teaches yoga with grace, humor and a deep knowledge of the tradition and the healing power of Yoga.
Pak Eka’s aim is to restore harmony and wellness through a three-fold path of physical, mental and spiritual practices. His style is rooted in Hatha Yoga, traditional Balinese healing, and Pranayama. He is approachable, gentle and a gifted healer. In addition to traditional methods of Balinese healing and wellness, Eka is also a Certified Mind Healer (Ambar Institute). Pak Eka is considered one of the preeminent yoga instructors of Bali and provides a truly personal experience for balance, growth and wellness.
Despite being the first son in a family of respected healers and teachers including I Nyoman Rajem and Ni Wyan Sariasih, Eka did not fully commit to yoga right away. Decades ago, Eka developed some health problems. His spiritual leader advised him to adopt the practice of Yoga more seriously. Diligently, and with conviction, he practiced Yoga, meditation, self-healing and fire walking with Made Suambara (Ambar Ashram). His life was transformed, he was healthy, inspired and dedicated to helping others.
Deanna Feeley ~ Somatic Therapy and Brennan Healing
Deanna Feeley offers a safe comfortable space for retreat participants to share their thoughts, reflections, and needs. The goal is to help participants feel heard, seen, and understood so their retreat experience surpasses their expectations.
Deanna is available to help assist and support the organizers in any shape or form they need. As a healer, counselor, and yoga teacher she has the unique ability to deepen and enrich people experience of themselves and the world around them.
Deanna is a great problem-solver. She has a ‘can do’ attitude for getting things done and moving quickly to put out fires and fill unmet needs. She loves to collaborate with a team and is a great decision maker.
Deanna holds a diploma in Healing Science from the Barbara Brennan School of Healing. She’s a certified yoga teacher and has received advanced training in Somatic Experiential Psychology. She combines the Hakomi Method of body-centered psychotherapy, the Re-Creation of Self Modal of Human Systems, Trauma Release Techniques, Family Constellation Theory, and Shamanic Healing Methods into her sessions. All of her former training has been with experts who embody their teachings, rather then simply impart theory and information.
Putu Maryam Doliveck
From The Balinese Royal Family of Karangasm, Putu was raised learning the traditional dances, healing arts, beauty secrets and the culture of Bali. Her deep connection to the island and its people will enrich your experience on the island and provide meaningful touchstones into the culture and locations. Putu’s relations help ensure that each retreat takes advantage of religious and cultural current events such as ceremonies, palace visits, and other little known experiences not available on other tours.
Putu owned and managed one of the most well respected spas in central California for seven years and brings state of the art western techniques and practices to Floating Leaf’s traditional Balinese spa. Centuries old royal Balinese secret treatments are available in her two state of the art spa facilities. For more on Floating Leaf’s spas, please visit the spa information page.
Prof. Mikaku Doliveck
After visiting Bali for more than two decades, Mikaku decided to leave his post as an Art Professor to live in Bali full time. He is an award-winning educator and photographer and loves to share his passion for Indonesia and its many hidden wonders. He has written numerous articles on Bali’s culture, art, mysticism, healers and more. Mikaku first began studying yoga, meditation and healing arts in 1987. Together with his wife Putu, he has lead award winning tours and retreats over the past decade for folks from National Geographic, The Smithsonian, The Travel Channel, and many other fine institutions.
Your Deluxe Itinerary
The Path to Happiness Retreat is a moderately paced retreat and there is ample time to explore Bali, relax by the pool, indulge in the spa and follow your bliss. If you are seeking a more intensive yoga and wellness experience The Journey to Holistic Wellbeing Bali Retreat might be right for you. Please note, this itinerary may be altered to accommodate special Balinese ceremonies or cultural events. The practitioners and sessions may be changed per retreat.
Day 1- Welcome Day
- Arrive at Ngurah Rai Int’l Airport in Denpasar, Bali (DPS). Floating Leaf staff will stand by at the Airport to welcome participants, provide a cold drink, refreshing face towel and escort to our waiting air-conditioned vehicle.
- Drive directly to Floating Leaf. We suggest people who arrive earlier that day to enjoy the pool, relax, and get massage at the spa. They can also be shuttled to and from Sanur as well (additional charge may apply).
- Welcome Dinner at Floating Leaf
- Informal evening talk about Bali and wellness. Putu and Mikaku will provide an overview of what we’ll experience in Bali, offering some helpful tips on culture, religion, manners and customs, currency, as well as some basic Indonesian phrases. Pak Eka will explain the healing yogic journey we will undertake and answer any questions you may have.
Day 2- Movement and Bali Body Ritual
- Morning combination of Hatha Flow Yoga, Meditation, and Laughter Yoga
- Morning Bhakti Meditation session with Pak GedeThis meditation session is recommended for beginners so they can experience the very first awareness of meditation. The first step is to focus on the body and discover each area were energy maybe blocked.The session is held in 3 steps:1. Introduction about Meditation (15 minutes)2. Meditation session (15 minutes)3. Q & A (15 minutes) to ensure you can continue your meditation practice at home
- Discussion session: 10 scientifically proven methods to increase happiness
- Spa Treatment ~ Balinese Body Treatment
- Healthy Lunch
- Balinese Offering making class. Create your own meaningful offering to be used during your purification ceremony at Bali’s most sacred springs.
- Private Transformation Session with Deanna Feeley
- Welcome Dinner Feast at Floating Leaf with bamboo gamelan and local musicians.
Day 3- Movement and Healing of the Heart and Purification Ritual
- Green juice
- Monobrata/Silent Yoga
- Bhakti Meditation This meditation is an ancient Japanese style designed to balance body and mind. The technique consists of receiving blessing energy to purify the body and mind and using it to relax and keep fresh, while releasing emotions.The session is held in 3 steps:1. Introduction about Meditation (10 minutes)2. Meditation session (30 minutes)3. Q & A (10 minutes)
- Healing of the heart – A very special meeting with Balian (Traditional Balinese healer)
- Purification Ceremony at Tirta Empul Holy Water Temple
- Chromotherapy meditation in the pool
Day 4- Art and Culture Experience
- Morning yoga
- Healthy breakfast
- Keliki Village Tour – The Village Experience
You will experience many aspects of traditional village life in Bali. It begins in a typical Balinese village where you will visit a home to get a taste of Balinese architecture, home layout and functions, daily household life and activities. The village of Keliki is a typical rural Balinese village. Its people are friendly and by walking around the village you will experience the color, serenity and beauty of everyday Balinese life in its unspoiled rural setting. Keliki is renowned for its fine miniature paintings and wooden carving of fruits and flowers. In the village, you can visit the artist’s homes and studios. They will show the stages of the Keliki style painting. The Keliki master painter and head of the school will personally lead us on a tour.
- Visit the workshop of master wood carvers in Kemenuh
- Enjoy Ubud. Stroll the boutiques, museums, or healthy cafés along Ubud’s main road. Visit the Sacred Monkey Forest. Perhaps see a traditional dance performance, or have lunch out (lunch is not inclusive so you may enjoy any range of gastronomic adventure)
- Discussion session: What we can learn from the Balinese culture to increase our own happiness
- Dinner and Tropical Cocktail Party
- Green juice
- Flow Yoga combined with Joyful Yoga.
- Private transformation with Deanna Feeley
- Balinese Cooking Class. Learn to prepare healthy delicious Balinese food followed by a feast of your own creation.
- Free afternoon to relax at the Healing Pool and Spa or create your own Bali adventure.
- Dinner at Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat
Day 6- Awaken the artist within you
- Flow Yoga combined with Joyful Yoga.
- Depart for Ubud . We will be special guests at the workshop of one of Bali’s master batik artists. Pak Widyo Harsono will introduce us to the Indonesian art of batik and teach us how to create our very own batik painting.
- Enjoy Ubud. Stroll the boutiques, museums, or healthy cafés along Ubud’s main road. Visit the Sacred Monkey Forest. Perhaps see a traditional dance performance, or have dinner out (dinner is not inclusive so you may enjoy any range of gastronomic adventure)
Day 7- ~ Departure day
- Time to pack, get one last massage, and head to the airport. Massage not inclusive. Airport drop off included.
The Path to Happiness Retreat has been selected as one of 4 “Must Do” Retreats of 2014 by Treetop Yoga International. For more on this prestigious award, please click here.
Floating Leaf Eco-Retreat is honored to be included amongst luminaries in our field that provide truly transformational experiences. Recently announced, Treetop Yoga International has awarded a select four exclusive retreats to their coveted “Must Do for 2014″ recognition. This recognition means a great deal to us as we have carefully crafted The Path to Happiness retreat to provide a safe and luxurious space to facilitate transformation, health, and growth within each participant.
$1195 ++ per person based on two people sharing one room (Double Occupancy)*
$1850 ++ per person for single occupancy*
$895 ++ per person for triple occupancy*
Refer a friend who books and get and additional $108 discount and a deluxe spa treatment!
*Price subject to government mandatory 11% tax and 10% service charge.
*Floating Leaf Eco-Retreat believes in full transparency. The “++” that you will see for all hotels in Bali, and throughout Asia, refers to a government mandatory tax and service charge. Please be aware of this when comparing prices as some properties will not disclose this information and can inflate this charge up to 40% in hidden costs. If hotels do not include the ++ in their pricing, they are in violation of the law. We strive to be open and upfront and explain that the “++” at Floating Leaf is the standard additional 21%.
This retreat is now open for registration. Only a select limited number of rooms are still available. Contact us directly today to reserve your spot on this transformational retreat in Bali.
Your payment of the deposit confirms that you have read and understand the terms and conditions and agree to abide by them. For your convenience, again our complete terms and conditions can be located here.
Eco-Luxury Guest Bedrooms
Luxuriate in Floating Leaf’s deluxe eco-friendly villa bedrooms. Each of the six villa bedrooms feature air conditioning, remote control ceiling fan, in-room safe, en suite bathroom and top of the line sheets, pillows, toiletries, and more. Plus, its all created with the environment in mind and great care has been taken to ensure all materials conform to high environmental standards. Each guest bedroom can accommodate single, double, or triple occupancy. We take our beds, sheets, towels, and every detail of Floating Leaf very seriously, as we want only the best quality and comfort for our guests. For more on room and bed configurations, please visit Bali Villa Beds at Floating Leaf Eco Retreat
Why are the villa bedrooms round? Click here to find out.
Please note a roommate preference if registering for double or triple occupancy. If not, you will be assigned a same-gender roommate from the retreat. If no roommates are available matching this criteria 30 days prior to arrival, you will be responsible for the upgrade to a private room.
What is included:
All programs, meals and land transportation based on the itinerary above unless stated otherwise
- Deluxe hotel accommodation including healthy breakfast and most meals
- Round trip Airport transfers
- Unlimited complimentary purified drinking water
- Use of yoga hall and property grounds per itinerary
- Welcome dinner
- Shopping excursion
- Cooking class including lunch
- Farewell Dinner
- Guide fee, gas, tolls, and driver per itinerary
- Travel tips, checklists, packing lists, cultural handbook, etc.
- Complimentary High-Speed Wireless Internet
- In-room safe/lock box
- Dietary restrictions such as allergies and anaphylaxis can be accommodated for as long as the request is made at least one month prior to arrival. Raw, vegan, and vegetarian options are also available with advanced notice.
Our award winning kitchen staff at Floating Leaf lovingly prepare meals consisting of high quality, high prana ingredients which are organic and permaculture grown whenever possible. For more on our meals, please visit~ USA Today names Bali Floating Leaf Eco-Retreat as one of “The Healthiest Destinations for a Culinary Getaway”
Kindly have a look at our photo galleries to give you a better idea of what you may see in Bali on your retreat.
Not included, but available for purchase at Floating Leaf
- Healthy snacks and additional meals
- The coldest and best beer on the island (Bintang Slushies)
- Wine and alcohol
- Bottled water and refilling of reusable containers
- Premium coffee drinks and teas (espresso, cappuccino, etc.)
- Elixirs, Fresh Juices, Smoothies, Fresh young coconut and more
Cost does not include:
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Visa on arrival (~$25)
- Airport Exit Tax (~$18)
- Government taxes
- Service charge
What is Floating Leaf Eco-Retreat?
Floating Leaf is proud to be a true eco-friendly hotel. We deeply care for the environment, the local community, and preserving the unique Balinese heritage. Our mission is to be exemplary model for sustainable living without sacrificing luxury, style, function, design or technology.
Floating Leaf Eco-Retreat is in Sukawati, Bali by one of the best surf breaks on the island, Keramas Beach. The center features… (click the green links for more information)
- Deluxe Eco-Luxury villa bedrooms with en-suite bathroom
- “The Sanctuary”. A 2000 ft² green yoga studio/classroom with dramatic ocean and volcano views
- Two Balinese Spas
- The Ultimate Relaxation Pool with waterfalls and meditation areas
- Health Cafe featuring organic locally grown food prepared by your private chef
- Organic permaculture garden
- 5-Star service and high quality organic bedding, towels, toiletries and more
Kindly browse our site for much more information.
Donations and Community Outreach
We encourage you to consider using any extra space in your luggage to include donations such as clothing (babies, children and adult sizes), medical supplies, household goods and cooking supplies, and toys and art supplies for the children. If enough donations are collected, we may be able to plan a donation event where you can meet and give your gifts directly to those in need. These are always meaningful and emotional events. For more information please see http://balifloatingleaf.com/bali-community-outreach
Want to see more testimonials? Check out our perfect 5-Star rating at TripAdvisor!