TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR RETREAT LEADERS
Please note: These updated terms and conditions were installed April 22, 2017. If you booked prior to this date and have a question about your terms and conditions, kindly contact us for a copy of our previous terms and conditions.
1. It is the retreat leader’s responsibility to carefully check the reservation and ensure that the particulars contained therein are correct.
2. The retreat leader shall pay Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit in the sum of 20% of the total amount due to hold the date for the retreat. Five (5) rooms must be sold for the retreat to run. Selling of a room can be either single, double and with permission from Floating Leaf, triple occupancy. The prices quoted are based on the sale of at least 5 rooms. 6-10 rooms may be reserved initially. Non-residential options may be available after 7 rooms have been sold at full price.
Payments from the retreat leader to Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat break down into three installments.
Payment 1: 20% deposit to hold the dates and begin promotions. The retreat is not confirmed until payment clears our account.
Payment 2: 20% of the balance is due 4 months (120 days) prior to arrival.
Payment 3: The remaining balance is due 2 months (60 days) prior to arrival. This final payment is based on the actual occupancy at this time which may be different from previous invoices.
Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat will deduct $100 from the final invoice to help offset bank transfer fees. Floating Leaf is not responsible for any fees charged by Paypal, banks, or other institution. We simply credit the retreat leader’s account for the exact net amount we actually receive.
The 6th room will be provided free of charge for the retreat leader only if the other 5 rooms are sold. Once 5 rooms are sold (single or double occupancy), the retreat leader will receive a place in the 6th room for free. This also includes everything on the itinerary (excursions, meals, activities, etc.). The retreat leader may choose to sell the other spot in the room to a participant at full price. If there is a second retreat leader, they can occupy the same room at 30% off the double occupancy rate or they can have their own room at a 15% discount.
3. The room breakdown for guests is due 75 days prior to arrival so we can prepare the invoice for final payment. Preparation of the invoice may take up to 48 hours. If full payment is not received at least 60 days prior to arrival, a 2% late fee will be issued. If payment plus the 2% is not received by 53 days prior to arrival, the dates will be release and the deposit will be forfeited. There will be no refunds, exchanges, or other concessions made if payment is not received. We appreciate your cooperation, as a great deal of planning needs to occur prior to your arrival and we want to make it very special for you and your guests. Bookings within the last 8 weeks must be paid in full at time of booking. Payment can be made via wire transfer or Paypal.
4. The room breakdown will be provided to Floating Leaf at the 75 day prior to arrival mark. An invoice will be prepared based on the room breakdown. Payment for the rooms will be non-refundable at this point. Any unsold rooms will be open to the public at this time.
5. The invoice is the contract between the retreat leader and Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat. Payments must be made in the manner listed on the invoice only. The payment of the invoice implies understanding and agreement of the terms and conditions.
At the 8-week to arrival date, if 5 rooms are not sold, Floating Leaf has two options.
A. Floating Leaf may cancel the retreat. As previously stated, all payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. But we will do all we can to have it run as it is in both our best interests as well as those participating. We may need to alter the itinerary slightly to accommodate fewer people, but we will work with you to determine the best result.
B. Floating Leaf has the right to also sell the rooms to persons that may not partake in the retreat. During these last 8 weeks, the retreat leader can also sell rooms to fill the retreat. Rooms will be sold on a 1st come, 1st serve basis.
6. If payments do not clear our account by the set due date, Floating Leaf Eco-Retreat a 2% late fee will be accessed and reaccessed every 5 days for all missed due dates. Outstanding balances of more than 7 days are grounds for cancellation and forfeiture of deposit.
7. In the event of cancellation by the retreat leader, regardless of the circumstances, the deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
8. Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat can not accept payment directly from participants. Payments must come from the retreat leader directly or the agent of the retreat leader. Payments from participants will be returned and any costs associated with the payment and/or return of payment, will be borne by the retreat leader or participant. Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat is not responsible for any fees or costs associated with the payment and/or return of payment from participants.
Travel insurance for the retreat leader and all participants is highly recommended.
9. It is the retreat leader’s responsibility to convey to all participants exactly what is included and what is not included per the agreed upon itinerary. All participants and retreat leaders must complete and return The Retreat Participant Agreement. The Retreat Participant Agreement can be located here- http://balifloatingleaf.com/retreat-participant-agreement/
The Retreat Participant Agreement may be accepted via email before guests arrive at Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat or it may be completed upon arrival.
Due to teacher cancellations or other situations beyond our control, Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat reserves the right to change bookings and shall inform the customer as soon as possible. Alternative arrangements may be offered but we do not accept responsibility for any costs incurred, including airfare.
10. Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat is not held liable for flight costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended.
11. Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat reserves the right to offer discretionary discounts and this does not affect the status of any guests who have paid the full price and no discount will then become due to them.
12. The customer shall not use the property except for permitted use and shall not use the property for any offensive, noisy, dangerous, illegal, entertainment, immoral or improper purposes. The customer shall not do anything that may be a nuisance or annoyance to Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat and its guests, staff or owners.
13. The customer shall keep all Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat fixtures, fittings, furniture and effects in a clean and good condition and shall replace any articles which are destroyed or missing with articles of a similar kind and of equal value.
14. Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate use of the property or any of its facilities by the customer in the event of any breach of these terms and conditions. The customer will be required to vacate the property and Floating Leaf Eco-Retreat shall not refund payment or accept any consequential liability damages or loss.
15. Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat retains all copyright license rights and sole exclusive ownership of the information, photographs and material displayed on its website. The material may not be modified, copied or used in any other way.
16. It is the customer’s/retreat leader’s responsibility to ensure that he/she has all the relevant travel documentation and arrives at the airport on time. Not all countries are granted a visa on arrival. Please be sure to check your individual status for visas, passports and all travel documents. Not having the correct visa, passport, or any other required document is solely the responsibility of the customer/retreat leader. Please research to learn what is the proper visa for you.
17. Candles, incense, fireworks and other potential fire hazards are not permitted on the property.
18. Smoking is allowed in the designated area near the security office only. Smoking in the rooms or any other areas is grounds for cancellation of the reservation and a $300 cleaning fee may be imposed.
19. Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat can accept no responsibility for delay or cancellation of any flights, train, buses or other forms of transport. Travel insurance is highly recommended.
20. Check in time is 2 pm. Check out time is 11 am.
21. The customer must comply fully with all and any health and safety regulations introduced by Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat. The leader and participants must ensure that he/she is medically and physically fit and able to use our facilities and participate in activities. Customers who have injuries or illnesses are advised to seek doctor’s advice if practicing yoga. Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat is not liable for any injuries to the customer in his/her use of our facilities or participation in activities. A customer must always stop and rest if he/she is feeling any pain or sickness and inform the teacher of any previous injuries. Please consult your physician as to any recommended vaccinations, medications or other indications.
22. Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat shall not be liable for any failures beyond its control. This covers natural disasters, war, ‘acts of God’, closure of airports, civil strife, accidents or failure to perform by third parties, including suppliers and subcontractors.
23. Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat accepts no liability for loss, damage, injury or illnesses which may be received during the customers stay or travelling to and from Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat.
24. We recommend that all customers have adequate travel, cancellation and medical insurance for the duration of the trip.
25. If the client chooses to leave before the end of the retreat Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat will not refund the client.
26. You must make Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat aware at the time of booking any pre-existing medical conditions, food allergies, or if you are taking any medication, if you do not make Floating Leaf Eco-Retreat aware of these at the time of booking, Floating Leaf Eco-Retreat will not be held responsible for any health issues that arise from possible contra-indications.
27. Please take extra care during your holiday when using the pools as they may have open drops from the pool edge. Please ensure that children are supervised at all times. Your use, and your children’s use, of the pools is your responsibility and is at your own risk. You acknowledge that we will not be held liable for any accident or injury incurred whist using the pools. This also applies to bridges, walkways, balconies, patios, etc.
28. Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat reserves the right to impose seasonal booking restrictions such as minimum night stays during peak seasons.
29. Meals and activities may be included in the reservation, but the price of your stay may not include additional activities, food, drink, etc. for example cycle hire, beauty treatments, spa treatments, restaurant meals and beverages and other activities. Additional charges and different bookings arrangements apply. Please check with us before the activity if you have any questions.
30. The maximum number of guests in each residence must not be exceeded. If it is, we may move those additional persons to another residence and will charge you or them the appropriate full charge for the additional residence from the date your party arrived for the stay. In addition, the Guests right to occupy the Property may be forfeited without compensation if more people or pets than specified at the time of booking attempt to take up occupation, or if any activity is undertaken which may cause unreasonable damage, noise or disturbance.
31. Wireless Internet access, where available, is not guaranteed and is provided subject to third party terms and conditions, which are available when accessing the system. The facility is not subject to any particular security/filtering measures and requires continuous parental supervision when used by children. We reserve the right to disclose your details to our internet service provider if we discover that you or a member or your party illegally downloaded content from the internet or otherwise engaged in unlawful activity whilst using this facility.
32. The Guest must accept that minor differences between text / photograph / illustrations in the marketing materials and on the website and the features of the actual property may arise. Floating Leaf Eco-Luxury Retreat cannot accept responsibility should the property not conform to the guest’s standards. If a facility is particularly important to you, please check with us prior to the confirmation of your booking.
33. Features, facilities or services referred to in any promotional literature or on the Website are subject to availability and may be supplied by third parties. You use these services, features and facilities at your own risk and Floating Leaf Eco-Retreat shall have no responsibility for loss, damage or injury in relation to any services, features or facilities provided or supplied by third parties.
34. By entering the Floating Leaf premises, you consent to photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for promotional purposes, advertising, and inclusion on websites.
35. We highly recommend that foreigners entering Indonesia do so with a valid Passport expiring more than six month following the departure date from Indonesia and have an outgoing ticket.
36. Absolutely no illegal drugs or weapons. Indonesia has stringent laws regarding illegal drugs and the punishments are extremely severe and include the death penalty. Please take this warning very seriously.
37. Women who are menstruating are unable to participate in Balinese purification rituals, enter temples, or work with Balinese healers.
38. Airport transfers that may be included in retreat packages are valid on the days the retreat begins and ends from 9am-8pm. There is a $25 surcharge for after hour transfers and a $35 charge for transfers on days other than the 1st and last day of the retreat. Airport transfers are for pick up and drop off at the airport for arriving and departing passengers only. Full flight information including the name of the airline, flight number, departure city and time of arrival is required at least 5 days in advance. If flights canceled or delayed, it’s possible but unlikely, that we may not be able to provide transportation. Transfers from locations other than the airport are not included.
Ala carte meals, specialty coffee drinks, alcohol, fresh fruit and vegetable juices, smoothies and more will also be available for an additional charge. A menu will be provided in each room and in the restaurant. Food, drink and spa services are subject to government regulated taxes and service charge.
Not included (unless noted in your itinerary), but available for purchase at Floating Leaf
• Full spa services including exclusive treatments, massages, Ayurvedic treatments, facial, manicure, pedicure and more. For additional information please see http://balifloatingleaf.com/spa
• Snacks and additional meals
• Beer, Wine and alcohol
• Cappuccino, macchiato, latte and other premium coffee drinks
• Healthy fresh juices, elixirs, smoothies and more.
Cost does not include:
• Travel insurance (highly recommended)
• Shopping expenses/Alcohol