This is a guest post by Cara Haley
Yoga retreat vacations are gaining popularity due to a number of factors. First, the destinations
in most cases are exotic and very attractive. Also, these types of vacations combine resting with
yoga as well as meditation and breathing control for reducing stress. Most of these vacations
include healthy and yet very tasty gourmet meals as well. Overall Yoga vacations are excellent
for fostering your wellness while enjoying beautiful natural settings, excellent food, and fun
With the growing awareness of leading healthier lifestyles, the vacations focused on the
wellbeing have been growing in popularity in the last 10 years. During the Global Wellness
tourism Congress in 2013, estimation was made that more than 14% of the tourists are looking
for more health-oriented and meaningful vacations. Statistics show that this percentage is
growing by the year.
With the increased stress levels in our lives, the advance of the technological demands, as well
as the growing problem with the pollution of the air and environment, more people are seeking
ways to improve their health and lifestyle, and going on a yoga retreat vacation is an excellent
option for achieving just that.
People are becoming more informed about the healthier lifestyle choices they need to make in
order to improve their lives and wellbeing. They are looking at ways to relax, revitalize and run
away from the stress without gaining pounds, which is why such vacations are largely popular.
The various aspects of wellness of a good yoga retreat
Whether you already lead a healthy lifestyle or you want to start leading such a life, this type of
retreats can help you via the following programs which are usually included in the program:
- Meditation. By learning how to meditate, you can release the stress, relax your thoughts and body and remove any toxic thoughts you have and replace them with happier and more positive ones.
- Yoga. Yoga is a superb exercise to help improve your balance, tone your muscles, help strengthen the ligaments and stretch the joints of the body. Yoga helps with the weight loss, the improvement of core strength and the flexibility.
- Deep breathing. This breathing technique also helps relieve the stress, improves the blood circulation and better oxidation of the different body parts. By learning how to breathe deeply, you can improve your respiration and help boost your overall energy and vitality levels.
- Healthy meals. Eating a balanced and well-nourished diet helps improve your overall health, boosts the immune system and helps with the elimination of toxins from your body. Also, it helps weight loss and your overall wellbeing.
A good Yoga retreat should help you improve your control over both your body and your mind,
and increase your spiritual awareness of yourself and of what surrounds you.
Also, you will be revitalized even more if the Yoga retreat is at an exotic or other calming
location. You have a wide variety of choices for the destination for your healthy vacation so that
you can combine the Yoga program with other fun activities which you enjoy, such as running or
You may want to look for Yoga resorts which also provide:
- Spa treatments and massages
- Included wine or spirits in the resort if you like to relax with a glass of wine at dinner
- Organic foods
- Additional sports and activities available at the resort, such as: swimming, diving, kayaking, water sports, mini golf, tennis, cycling, hiking or whatever other sports or activities you enjoy.
The best part is that it doesn’t matter what age you are or what your fitness level is to sign up for
a Yoga resort vacation. Nobody will be pushing you to compete or struggle with exercises you
don’t like. You can participate to a level which suits you and at which you feel comfortable.
Images provided by Cara Hartley